Moved and Parallel Parked

Tuesday, March 16, 2010



So I moved up two Sundays ago. My friend and I were supposed to drive up to NYC in the UHaul van together, but then she got the plague right before we were supposed to drive up. So, I did the move and the drive all by myself. I "borrowed" my ex's ipod car thingy and made for the open road.

I have to say, the drive was both therapeutic and invigorating. I felt completely self-reliant, independent and proud. It was nice to have no one else but myself to truly count on. At the end of the day, it was a blessing that I did the move alone. I think that when you've been in a relationship for a long time, it's easy to have someone help you do things or to even delegate the task to your partner, lol. It's really when you're faced with a challenge yourself that you know what you're made of.

The drive was painless until I got to the Holland Tunnel. That was sh*ttastic. After PARALLEL PARKING the UHaul on a New York side street, I went out with an old roommate who was in town.

She just got her boobs done and they looked amazing! I was jealous for half a second and then realized I didn't have $7,000 to spend on funbags. We went to the Mexican restaurant over in the Lower East Side and just had margaritas with the girls...and a this girl's boyfriend, who I was pretty sure was gay.

After that, I went to a totally inadvertently Jersey Shore-themed party at Crimson. I swear, gorilla juiceheads abound at that place! After paying a totally ridiculous $20 cover charge, the night got underway....or so I thought. It was good seeing friends from out-of-town but to be honest, I really wasn't feeling it. I think it was partly due to the recent breakup and partly due to the fact that I was a little hung up on someone I had been talking to for the past month.

Anyhow, I went home...alone.

Lesson Learned: Learn to count on yourself if nothing else...and if you're going to get implants, always go bigger than you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP