I Like to Wear My Ovaries on the Outside

Sunday, April 25, 2010


Sundays = brunch days.  Last Sunday, I met up with my married friends (I only have one set, so it's easy to identify them as such) at Craftbar for brunch.  I'm a total Tom Colicchio fan so it was definitely a treat.  We decided to meet at the restaurant at 10:30AM (they have a kid so apparently you eat earlier).  I was the first to arrive and the restaurant was fairly empty.  In fact, we were one of three occupied tables there.


I arrived before my friends did and decided to do a visual sweep of the place.  Saw a very good-looking guy about 3 tables away who was with two male friends.  A couple of back and forth glances between us and I had made up my mind.  Forgetting my business cards at home, I asked our waitress for one of theirs.  I scribbled my name, cell number and "Let's grab a drink sometime" on the back of the card and asked their waiter to take it to the man I had my eye on.  Now I typically do not make a habit out of this and it was actually the first time I've ever done something like that. But seriously, what do I have to lose?


Apparently the timing was good because shortly after the waiter gave attractive man my card (side note, loved that he was in such good shape that you could see the muscles shift under his knit shirt), he was paying the check and headed out the door.  We exchanged smiles as he approached my table and introduced himself.  He thanked me for the card and said he'd "definitely be in touch".  I have to say, I liked the way his hand felt when he shook mine.


Fast forward a week later and he hasn't called.  He might have lost the card or he might have been kind in front of my friends, hard to say.  Either way, this was more of proving something to myself rather than feeling up on his abs (which wouldn't have been so bad either...)


Lesson Learned: If you're going to give out your number, write it on something he's not likely to lose, like the Yankees schedule or a $20 bill.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 25, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

Yes, I definitely need to take some inspiration from you and apply it here on the left coast! When eye contact happens a few times, I just run away or look down! I know- pathetic! It happened yesterday at this restaurant - cute guy was eating by himself, I was with my friends, we had eye contact a few times but in these situations I never ever smile back so I know I come off cold! A girl once slipped my now ex boyfriend from college her number via our waiter while I was eating with him! And P.S. Sundays definitely do = brunch days! xo, mel

227miles April 25, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

You should definitely do it! What's the worst thing that can happen? And I'd rather be turned down than wonder "what if". Plus, you're beautiful! Do it and tell me about it :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP